Re: [MV] M715 Engine Swap

From: George Mays (gem4949@netscape.net)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 13:58:33 PDT

Thanks to all for responding. I'd kinda like to keep the entire drivetrain
all "Jeep" if possible. I like the gearbox that comes in the M715, especially
that low,low first gear. John, I'm glad you mentioned Hesco, because it
reminded me that they sell a bolt-on supercharger for the Jeep 4.0 liter. I'd
need to find a flywheel. What about the pilot bearing?

I figure with the 4.0L, some taller rings in the diffs(say, 4.10:1), and
taller tires (38s?) I might have a workable combination that could be restored
back to original with little trouble, if desired.

George