M38 Question

From: Gary Pavone (gpavone@thegrid.net)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 17:07:43 PDT

Oh learned ones,

I have a '52 M38 with the flathead engine. I noticed the other day that
coolant is slowly leaking out from under the lifting ring plate which is
bolted to the top of the head. Today I removed this lifting contraption and
looked underneath. It was dry. I started the engine and the coolant started
coming up from around one of the threaded bolts that stick up out of the
head (that holds this lift ring plate in place). Of the three bolts, it was
the one on the driver's side in the back.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gary Pavone
gpavone@thegrid.net
MCA# 43889
MVPA# 19394