Smudge Pots

From: Sean Bathrick (Bathrick@imcchemicals.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 09:43:30 PDT

I have been thinking for some time about getting a couple smudge pots to display with my vehicles. Something a little unique to the era that you don't really see anymore. I have just found a few and although they aren't "M-series" I can't help but think the military used something like them, like everyone else in the 40's and 50's. The wicks are there but I am not really sure what they are filled with. I am thinking kerosene, is that right? I can't imagine gas but I have heard of stranger things. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sean

MVPA 14222
53 M38A1