Re: [MV] movies

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 10:47:10 PDT

From: jonathon <jemery@execpc.com>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2000 6:23 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] movies

> Wouldn't it be nice if a person of celebrity, such as Arnold, would help
in
> the cause, that being to help get the govenment straight as far as
> importation and destruction of MV's are concerned? I personally am not
> impressed with persons of celebrity but the mass of humanity that
Washington
> caters to sure seems to be. Speeking of celebrities, is it true that Alan
> Alda (of M*A*S*H fame) has an MB? Maybe he could be recruited?
>
> je

 Celebrities are people just like us, just with more money, the problem is
some of them may be good actors but light in the attic. Politicians aren't
much better. I'm sure there are many celb's that have an interest in this
hobby, and some show good sense and lots of character. I heard this
somewhere, cannot confirm or deny, but sounds like a good story, I like it.
Tom Selleck was being interviewed by Rosie(on her talk show), when asked
about gun control he replied: "I didn't come here to talk about that" and
walked off the stage. I'm not certain what his stand on gun control is but I
understand that he is shooter and sportsman, and I'd think he would be
opposed to any form of it.
   Any opposition to our hobby could be linked to gun control. All that
green paint and stars make them "look" BAD!! Just like flash supressors and
bayonet lugs on "assault weapons", not matter that they are semi-auto.
   We could use any help we could muster, even if it was from cleb's. I'll
hush(for the time being) now.
Thanks, Keith