A.P.C. For Sale

From: Thomas Gould (ARMOR-1@webtv.net)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 08:57:05 PDT

I have an M59 Armored Personel Carrier for sale with 70 (yes) original
hours total time on it. (!)

It is similiar in appearance to an M113, but the dimensions are a little
bigger and it is gasoline powered instead of diesel. It's rated as being
amphibious.

EVERYTHING seems to be there and original except the radio. All the
boxs, decals, covers, even the original spare track blocks in their
mounts.

It comes with a release letter from the Army.

This piece of armor is rubber tracked and is powered by two, standard 6
cylnder GMCs that you can buy parts for in any auto parts store. Because
of the spacious interior and extra large access panels, the engines and
drive train are very easy to work on.

This APC has been stored indoors and heated for the last 10 years. I
have never tried to start it, but it rolls freely. The rubber track
appears new. The paint on the engines and drive train just need
cleaning, to look absolutely showroom new.

Exterior; the original numbers and markings are apparent. Superficial
surface rust (minor) on the exterior (re)paint and peeling on the
interior (re)paint.

Seats controls, switches, lights, intercom and instrumentation appear
crisp, complete and without cracks or other damage. All original data
plates appear to be present everywhere and in good condition. Many
engine and drivetrain compartment items still have factory tags on them.

It has one 1-1/2" dent in one tailight housing, and a 6" tear in the
starboard track shroud.

This A.P.C. needs paint, and for the engines to be checked out. It is
very dusty and dirty. Pine needles on the floors. (free)

I have been advised that the rumble of 12 cylinders pushng tracked armor
down the street (it has rubber track pads) at 30 mph, is not soon
forgotten.

Somebody give her a good home.

I have my hands full with 3, 4 and 5 year old daughters right now.You
could go a lifetime before finding another one as orignal and complete.
(and cheap)

Steal it at 19,500.

Tom