1960 Generator questions and parts needed

From: Bryan Rupp (ruppster@alaskalife.net)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 16:34:19 PDT

I just picked up an AC generator that's powered by a small four cylinder flathead engine. The info
on the data plate is listed below. I plan on setting up a portable workshop with this generator and
an air compressor on a M105 type trailer to tow with my XM220 and need some help figuring out a few
things. It has a location for a battery but don't know what size it should be and if it's 6 or 12
volts. Also, on the end of the generator portion there is a pulley and belt that look like it might
go to a smaller generator for charging the battery. Is this correct or does something else get
driven by the belt?

There are a few items missing that I'm in need of. I need the spark plug wires, a solenoid for the
starter, and the small belt driven device that I asked about above. If anyone has any parts or
manuals for sale for this generator please let me know. And can anyone tell me how much wattage this
generator can handle?

Data plate info:
CORPS OF ENGINEERS, U.S. ARMY
NOM.; Generator Set