Re: [MV] 1960 Generator questions and parts needed

From: ken uhrick (kuhrick@home.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 18:04:37 PDT

>things. It has a location for a battery but don't know what size it should
>be and if it's 6 or 12

by 1960 i would think it mite have been 24 volt

>volts. Also, on the end of the generator portion there is a pulley and
>belt that look like it might
>go to a smaller generator for charging the battery. Is this correct or
>does something else get
>driven by the belt?

mite it be a speed control to keep the motor rpms the same some of tham
are belt drive
butt it would be on the carb side
and look in the genertater is a 60 cy.
some mite be 400 cy
and you will not find much use for one of them
oo it will lite up one kind of light balbs
and run the radio in your jet plain
goos luck with you mil vel.