[MV] M37 Brake Update...

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 03:30:52 PST

>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>We will be taking our 8 brake drums and hubs to Hall Brake
>in Phoenix this afternoon for evaluation. We will choose the
>four best drums, and they are able to turn the drums for $10
>each. They will be able to bond oversize linings to the
>shoes to compensate for any oversize of the drums. I am also
>hoping they can repair the bad clip on the backing plate,
>and arc the shoes to match the drums, which is an old
>practice abandoned when the asbestos scare appeared. Will
>keep you updated on this progress....
>Lisa

14.220 is the maximum oversize for the drum.
I would not get oversize linings if you plan to drive regularly on the road.
The M37 drum is very thin by comparrison to a Land Rover drum.Overall
diamter is bigger but you need a lot of meat in the area the shoes grab.I
have had a drum explode on me because of such foolishness and I was real
lucky to be able to get out of it alive.The maximum diameter is there for a
very good reason and unless it is offroad or maybe parade use only then
replace the drums where needed.I would get 2 new ones for the front and use
the best you got for the rear if budget is tight until you can afford it.
I have lots of good backing plates and new NOS ones if you are in need.
Andre