Re: [MV] M151A2

From: R. C . Orpe (sgtorpe@sierratel.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 07:53:03 PDT

Carefully check the wiring in the high beam circuit for fraying and shorts
to ground. That " click " you hear is the circuit breaker resetting itself,
which of course means thee was too much current passing through it for some
reason. I would suspect the short in the switch or between the switch and
the bulbs.

I was thundering through the night up one of the local freeways, in a deuce
with a 27' flatbed in tow. I was on the approach to an overpass with a
sweeping turn when much to my surprise and delight, the lights went out.
Fortunately, the breaker reset, and came back on long enough to find the
side of the road. After learning to breathe again and shoveling out my
shorts, I searched the trailer loom and finally found where the wire for the
marker lights had worn through and was shorting to the frame.
FIX THAT PROBLEM NOW

But then, what do I know
Randy