M274* Mule Questions

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 07:33:09 PDT

I have begun my study of Mules in preparation of purchase.
The only reverence book I have is the Standard Catatlog of
Military Vehicles, which leaves me with some questions:
1) Are they serial numbered.
2) Can you tell the manufacturer and date from the serial
number
3) Why did they go from the 4 cyl to the 2 cyl
4) Was the M274A5 the only one with 2 wheel steering?

I would like a Willys to go along with my Willys Jeeps. That
would be a M274 or M274A3. Which engine is better, can I
remove the 2 cyl and exchange it with a 4 cyl?

I just don't have enough military vehicles, I guess.
Thanks everyone!
Lisa