Trailer deck preservative

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 22:25:52 PDT

List,
Since we're on the subject of preservatives, does anyone know of a good
treatment for wooden trailer decks? A friend of mine has a military two
axle semi trailer that he tows behind his M818 five ton tractor. The
current storage for this vehicle is outdoors and the trailer is about 35
years old with an oak (I think) deck. Is there treatment that can be
spread on the wood to prevent further deterioration? Someone suggested
ATF.

Thanks in advance,
Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA