RE: [MV] US Army Reserve and Yellow Ferrets?

From: Q-Pope (qpope@nomoth.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 23:51:33 PDT

The Ferrets are probably used for recruiting. I and one of the guys on the
Hummer mailing list spotted an Army Reserve hmmwv in Lawrenceville, GA (it
is parked at the city police station when not in use). It is painted gloss
black with all the trim/lights painted bright yellow. It is an uparmored
slantback with weapons ring. Per a lady at the police department, the
hmmwv is used for army reserve recruiting.

With the severe shortage of new recruits, it looks like the recruiters are
getting quite creative....!

Did the Ferrets have a www.goarmy.com license plate? The hmmwv did.

By the way, I think a Pinzgauer is much more useful than a Ferret. I just
got a Pinz 712M myself.

Richard