MV display at St. Jude Airshow Savannah Tn June 3-4

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 06:17:35 PDT

PURPOSE:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, located in Memphis, Tennessee, is the
world's premier center for research and treatment of potentially fatal
childhood diseases, including cancer and certain blood, genetic and
immunodeficiency disorders. The hospital's mission is to cure children of
catastrophic diseases through treatment and research. No children are turned
away because of their parents' inability to pay.

AIRSHOW INFO:
This year there is an Airshow in Savannah, TN to benefit St. Jude's
Children's Research Hospital, which our MVPA Chapter has been asked to
participate in.
This letter is about our part in this. If you would like additional
information on the Airshow itself, please visit the website:
http://www.extrav-air-ganza.com

CONVOY ROUTE:
The Midsouth Chapter convoy will leave my house near Rosemark, TN at 6:00 AM
June 3. We will pick up US Hwy 64 where it intersects Hickory Wythe Road. We
will leave Hwy 64 at the 226 intersection, which will take us to the show
site. So far I know of members who plan to fall into the convoy at
Whiteville, Selmer, Crump, and the intersection of Hwy 64 and 226. If you
would like to join the convoy please let me know. We should arrive at the
airshow site 8:45-9:00. There is a break scheduled in Selmer at the 64/45
intersection, but because of the tight scheduling, if we are delayed in
route, this break may be canceled.

CONVOY PROCEDURES:
There will be a drivers briefing at 5:45 June 3, please try to attend. For
safety, we will be traveling largest in front to smallest in rear with lights
on. Towed vehicles will be a safe distance behind the self propelled military
vehicles. If the vehicle in front of you or to the rear of you stops, you
stop. Please stay in your vehicle with the motor running unless we are
clearly stopping for a break. EXCEPTION: The road from Bolivar to Selmer has
narrow shoulders, so if someone must pull over there, everyone else keep
going. My dad, last self propelled military vehicle in convoy. (driving M151
with yellow beacon) will stop with the disabled vehicle. We will be
traveling at 40-45 MPH, please allow room for the larger trucks to get a run
at the hills. We will have a Police escort from the Tennessee River to the
show site.
In the event of rain, we will get wet.
Return trip will have same route, departure will be Sunday afternoon at a
time to be announced.
If you are joining us in route, the convoy will open up to let you fall in
with the appropriate weight range of vehicles (largest in front to smallest
in rear).
When we get there:
Stay in your vehicle with the engine running, you will be directed to your
assigned parking spot. Those towing there vehicles will be directed to an
unloading area, as well as secure storage for there towing rigs. There is no
on site parking for non-military vehicles. Spectators/family/friends on civy
cars will be brought from remote parking area to show site by shuttle bus.
WHO:
Although we have invited members of MVPA Chapters in Alabama and Mississippi,
so for we have not heard from them. All MVPA members and vehicles are
welcome. I have asked the Airshow organizers so supply us 2 gate passes per
military vehicle. When I receive these I will forward them to those people
who have indicated they are going.
LODGING:
We are staying at Savannah Lodge, phone 901-925-8586, rooms are about 45.00
each. Each participant is responsible for their own room reservation and
bill. As the show organizers have asked us to minimize the movement of our
vehicles during the show, Joe Shannon has agreed take us in his deuce as a
"taxi" to the motel.
QUESTIONS?
email me at ddoyle9570@aol.com or call 901-682-9402.