MB questions

From: Dino Germano (mc202@powernet.net)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 23:17:43 PDT

On a "parts" MB I bought for $75.00 (dead overhead valve drop-in engine, no "pumpkins" in the difs,
no radiator, frozen tranny, minor frame bends etc :-) I have found the following numbers:

    Frame tag MB 381736 or 0 on last number
    Body 138...the rest is cut off :-(
    Hood 20389169 S (the S is not part of U.S.A.)

    The (only mostly rusted chanels) body has the large oval hole toe board brace and Ford type hat
channel reinforcing layout. No ribs under tool box area.
    The hood does NOT have the drain holes at the rear brace channel, and has two hood catch
brackets on each side, one in front, one to the rear. There is a rebuild tag on the GPW tranny, Japan Logistics 1-25-51.
    So what is right, and what is wrong?

Dino in Reno