Re: [MV] HMMWV Starting Problems

From: Brandon (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 00:09:00 PDT

I don't use ether anymore since I replaced the glow plug controller. They
used ether at the sales yard to start all the HMMWV's that I looked at (not
that it makes it acceptable by any means!). I think that they burned out
during the auction from people leaving the switches on, as there wasn't a
good battery or glow plug controller in the lot.

I guess that I wasn't clear that the ether was intended as a diagnostic
tool, not a replacement for a bad controller!

Anyhow, once the truck is warmed up it will start without the ether until it
cools off again.