Re: [MV] CARC stripper

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 09:33:49 PDT

Methyline Chloride is still a part of many paint strippers. I recently
bought a can of "Strypeeze" Semi Paste stripper from Home Depot. Its
label says that it contains ACETONE, TOLUENE, METHANOL AND METHYLENE
CHLORIDE and that it cannot be made non poisonous (!).

I do not know if you can still buy streight methylene chloride, but it
is still used in paint strippers. Also says on the label that it causes
cancer in lab rats. Darn those rats again - smoking, drinking, and now
stripping paint off old MV's.... When will they ever learn?

Mel Miller
M725 X 2