RE: [MV] Ferret does the Car Show.....preparations

From: Ian Wallace (iwallace@uswest.net)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 11:55:25 PDT

The car shows are a great way to show off military vehicles, and tell
others about our hobby. I attended a show on Sunday with my Ferret and
took the "Special Interest" award. The show had between 350-400 cars of
all kinds, but only two "military" types, my Ferret and a Jeep.

Most of the organizers of the car shows don't know much about models and
years beyond what they own. To them a "Daimler Ferret" is probably a
cute little foreign car.

I spent the day talking to literally hundreds of people about the Ferret
and military vehicle collecting. It is really a great way to promote the
hobby.

Ian Wallace, Seattle
1960 Mk 2/3 Ferret