Re: [MV] Need manuals and two pin cable for military generator

From: Henry J. Fackovec (fackovec@radiotech.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 09:08:15 PDT

Hey all

Looking at the pix of the military connector, all I can say is " WHAT WERE
THEY THINKING???"

A 120 volt connector, with exposed hot pins coupled a soldier is the perfect
recipe for disaster!!! (Yes some one is going to say " If you plug it into
the shelter before the genset, its ok" Have you ever known a trooper to do
it by the book if it ment taking an extra step or two?

(If Ralph Nader was incharge of the design process, there would be a label
telling them not to put their tongues on the end of the connector.....)

I guess that is the same reason that they can drive "deathtrap" M998s that
are not safe for civilians.

Hank
(On my M109A3, I converted to a twist lock setup, that will prevent me from
frying myself (Because I know I would do something stupid LOL)