Re: [MV] Smoke gets in your eyes.....M-55 problem

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 05:47:15 PDT

Smoke will not go away by putting two hole injectors in. If you can get them for free, fine. Otherwise save your money. I have a M52A2 that smokes. I also was told to put in the two hole injectors. I bought a new set an had them calibrated to 3200 and the smoke didn't change. It did idle better. old ones probably were unbalanced. The mopst smoke comes between 3rd and 4th. So, I just don't put my foot into it. I just feather it. I have heard that the big turbo with the waste gate. Standard on the LDS-465-1A will do that. I have seen numerous truck in DRMO that have been converted to the smaller turbo. This will require a kit. Then you can take a turbo from a 1C or 1D and bolt right on. Why a kit? The exhaust and intake are bigger and the turbo is longer on the LDS. The kit comes with the adapters and spacers. Barstow truck has them. I just haven't had time to put it all on.

The other problem is that someone who thought thye knew what they were doing tried to make adjustments on the pump. This should be done on a test bench. So you can see the quantity of fuel coming out of each port. Black smoke usually means over fueling. Not enough air for the amount of fuel. That is why Tom suggested checking the intake. While one is doing that check the pipe between the turbo and intake on the engine. If it is oily, your seal in the turbo is out. Meaning that your engine is sucking oil out of the turbo into the engine.

Just my 2 cents and raised 2 cents.

John
MVPA #2697

43 GPW
43 CCKW (several)
M3A1 Scout Car
43 MBT
40 VC5 (2)
41 WC21
44 WC51
52 M62 (2)
53 M127
?? M105A1 (3)
?? M135
?? M35
67 M35A2 (2)
69 M52A2
?? M52A1

>>> <LSyman@aol.com> 6/1/00 7:28:27 PM >>>
The early LDS injectors smoke a lot. They have one big hole and the fuel does
not atomize very well. Switch to the later injector and the smoke will go
away.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>