Re: [MV] GPW starting problems

From: Rob Jenkins (jenkins58@ii.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 17:18:35 PDT

It sounds like we're both in the same situation more or less. I
found on dismantling my carburetor that the float was porous
enough to allow fuel to leak into it even though it looked fine.
I found another float and then assembled the carburetor, so the
float might be the culprit. I won't know for a while as I'm not
that close to being able to try it yet.

Also, the spark plugs may have to be dried or cleaned due to
excess fuel contamination.

Good luck.

Rob in B.C.
'42 GPW