Re: [MV] Radio...post of Mark J Blair (Digest 169

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 20:01:11 PDT

--- mblair1@home.net wrote:
> *This message was transferred with a trial version
> of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>
> "Richard" <rvanhoo@attglobal.net> wrote:
> > Mark makes good point about not operating these
> old radios. While you can
> > get them "into" the ham bands they probably don't
> meet todays
> > standards and are therefore not legal.
>
> That's not quite the point I was making... they CAN
> be used in ham
> bands, with some limitations. AM or CW gear in the
> HF bands is
> perfectly legal, though a lot of folks get all huffy
> when they hear
> "that old AM junk" on the air.
++++++++
No they don't,...... when they hear a T-368 or a
BC-610,.... they just go away. 400 watts of plate
modulated AM.

Of course with that much power its hard to find a
place where you're not interfering with someone. You
gotta be careful and listen more than you talk.

If they know you're working a hard-to-hear station far
away most hams will back off until you're through. If
they KNOW they're interfering they'll stop.

Joe KG2CI