Re: [MV] Radio...post of Mark J Blair (Digest 169

From: Richard (rvanhoo@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:01:30 PDT

OK hoow much does Family Radio Service cost?? Doesn't everybody have 2 or 3
old CBs laying around. If not, nearly every grarage sale has them. The
Family service radios are at least $100 for cheapies and you wil need
battery charger and other do dahs. Only some will run on 12 volts and you
will need some kind of adapter which only the manufacturer has. And they
will not talk to the CBs we already have, right?? 6 meters is great if
everyone has a ham license ... but most do not. Why they do not may be
because modern ham gear is very good and very expensive. So lowest common
demoninator should dictate CB. Save your money for jeep parts and go CB!
That's my motto. I've been hamming since the days when we build our own.