Re: [MV] M37/M43 speed-up.Heres 3 cheap ways:

From: Shaun Hayes-Holgate (Haze@direct.ca)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 23:22:56 PDT

>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>Uh puleeeeze!
>This was one of the silliest things I've ever read here.
>
>>>I have a friend here with an M-37 that had the dilemma >>most of
>>>us face; how
>>>to get these trucks moving fast enough and powerful >>enough blah
>>>blah blah.....
>
>The M37 was engineered to crawl in the worst of conditions through
>mud, over rocks, across rivers, etc at a snail's pace. Cope with it.
>It is NOT a highway truck.

     Hilarious response Mr.Cougar! you make it sound like I'm selling
snake oil or something.I'm sure if you saw and tried this guy's truck
you'd be impressed.He's a professional mechanic who's done all this
work himself.
Remember I did'nt propose that anyone do a complete overhaul to their
beloved green beast but rather pointed out a few ways to upgrade it
to keep it rolling
rather than sitting in a museum.Maybe your right about the longevity
of some of these techniques being questionable but only time will
tell whether they're worthy.At the moment Theres a much happier M-37
being used daily with an even happier driver. ;p

PS its a 251. *It's not possible to run a 230 flathead at that rpm*