GPW safety strap question and Thank You

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 07:17:14 PDT

Thanks all for your help on my starting problem. Its not running yet but it
will be as I plan to do additional work on the carb, thereby eliminating my
flooding problem.

New question:

I am installing the safety straps in the doorways of the jeep. I know where
the eye-bolts are located on the dash, but the bracket I am not so sure.
Where, in relation to the top bow stowage bracket, is the safety strap
bracket located? Level with and in front of the Top Bow bracket, behind,
below, or what? I didn't see any reference to the bolt holes on drawings I
received from http://jeepdraw.maryboroughqld.com/ (the Jeep-Draw website -
great site BTW).

For all you Northeast Ohio listers, I should be finished with my GPW in time
for the Medina Buckeye MV Collectors Show and will be bringing along LOTS of
parts I don't need, including top bows (not fo WWII jeep, maybe M38 or A1),
my original body, fenders, hood, grill etc. (you can e-mail me if you want
more info on the body parts), some more or less junk parts that came with
the vehicle and some other odds and ends (I even have an unused firewall pad
kit from Beachwood). I hope to see you there!

Bob Kelly
'42 GPW
North Royalton, Ohio