Post WWII jeeps

From: KBDewey 42GPW (dirtman42GPW@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 17:15:38 PDT

Did Willy's produce new Military versions of the MB right after the end
of WWII like in 46 thru 49? As I understand it the M38 didn't come out
until 1950? And the CJ2 was the post war civy version. So if Willys did
produce after 1945 what were they called, "CJ-2M", "MB" or "MB-2" ? My
ref book, The Standard Catalog of Mil Veh 1940-65 doesn't ref any
between the MB and the M38. I would think that with the amount of
surplus the Army wouldn't need any new ones until the Korea conflict. K