My Personal Thanks!

From: Henry & Kate Cubillan (cubillan@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 17:52:13 PDT

Today we commemorate D-Day, and I would like to give my personal thanks
to all those of you who participated on the greatest military invasion
in the history of mankind, but to all of those who served, in WWII,
Korea, Vietnam, and every other conflict where Americans have
participated.

I hold a deep reverence for WWII veterans, perhaps because of the
magnitude of the conflict, perhaps because members of my family fought
in the war and died at the hands of the fascists, perhaps it was one of
the darkest periods of human history and we owe our way of life to you.

As an immigrant to this country, I am deeply grateful for the sacrifices
made by those who served and continue to serve, and I hope you know that
at least in MY family, you will not be forgotten.

A few years ago I wrote a story called "Tales of an Old Jeep" as a small
token of my appreciation. Today, watching those proud old warriors being
driven in a G-503 made everything worth it.

Members of my family fought in the International Brigades (Spanish Civil
War, a prelude to WWII) Royal Navy, ANZAC, and the Submarine Service of
the US Navy. My uncle Carlos went down with a British destroyer serving
as convoy escort in the North Atlantic, my uncle Lee is buried somewhere
in Lybia, and two of my grandfather's brothers are buried in Spain,
where they tried and failed to stop the fascist war machine. May the
stories of their courage and sacrifice, and those of so many others, be
told to our future generations so that the past not be repeated.

Thank you, all, you will never be forgotten.

Sincerely,

Henry J. Cubillan
God Bless America!

--
Henry J. Cubillan       TLCA; AZLCA; CLCC; U4WDA
1991 FJ62               <cubillan@earthlink.net>