Info on GPW parts for sale at Medina Ohio Show

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 07:50:06 PDT

Hi all,

I have had a few responses in regards to the sale of a few odds and ends I
have accumulated related to my GPW restoration project. I will be at the
Medina Ohio rally on July 28-30 and will likely be bringing my completed (I
hope) jeep, as well as the parts.

Items for sale include, but are not limited to:

1942 GPW (at least thats what it came off of) body tub. Condition as
follows: no rust, but tub has been repaired. Some front floor sections have
been replaced/patched, gas tank sump has likely been replaced. The
reinforcement hat channels will need to be replaced as the current ones are
oversized and have been cut to allow body to sit level. Tub has facilities
for spare tire, gas can mounting and trailer socket. I will take best offer
on this item.

Hood for above, VG condition, origiunal, with some wear from headlight
mounting brackets. $120.00

Grill for above, excellent condition, original, $150.00

Fenders, left and right for above , VG condition, original. Right fender has
extra holes for second B/O light. $120 each.

Windshield, complete, Good to VG, with rubber seals on bottom and inner
windshield, glass installed, one side is cracked at corner. Has brackets for
rifle rack (rack not included). No wipers installed. Some pitting but solid.
$400.00

Top bows, not for MB/GPW, could be M38 or M38A1, excellent condition, $75.00

I have various other parts that are in varying conditions. They may or may
not work and are not necessarily for and MB/GPW. The guy I got all this
stuff from also owned an M38 and more or less cleaned out his garage on me.
They include a starter motor, generator, some headlight buckets (one is F
marked for sure), some junky M series light fixtures and assorted odds and
ends. I will likely just have this stuff in a box and let people sort
through it for anything good. Just so you know, I am not keeping anything
(other than a front axle that I have been scavenging off of) that I think I
don't need so its not like I am keeping the good stuff or something. I am
not a dealer either.

If you need any more info about individual items, e-mail me off-list. Hope
to see some of you in July!

Bob Kelly
'42 GPW
N. Royalton, Ohio