Re: [MV] Memphis Equipment

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 04:47:28 PDT

I have not bought a M37 from Memphis Equipment, but I have bought an M62 from
them. It has been my experience that they will do
repairs/rebuild/restorartion to whatever specs you give them. I don't think
you will get a "factory class" show winner, but you will get a very
presentable motorpool ready truck with extreme mechanical reliability. And
they absolutely stand behind their product. If the price seems a little high
at first, you should go take a look at there facility. There are probably
3-500 trucks there, a shop building with about 8 stalls that will easily hold
20 plus 5 ton 6x6, a couple of parts buildings bigger than the shop, and
probably 40 people work there, 30 or so in the shop. Vehicles do indeed get
frame up work. I have can only tell you about the Memphis location, I have
never been to their branch in Pennsylvania.
My only complaint, is that if you don't specify, they use Aervoe paint, which
I wouldn't even make a good primer in my opinion.
Assume nothing, specify what YOU want, and that's what you'll get.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle