M1009 on M35

From: Tanya Fribley (tfribley@anderson.cioe.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 19:50:12 PDT

Sorry I can't relate to the M1009 on an M35, but I have done my share of
with a ramp breaking under a tractor, I will say this. If at all
possible, try to find a local implement dealer with a good loading
dock. I know, you have to juggle vehicles. I have used depressions
along cuts in the road and other places you can back your truck up to to
reduce the difference in height. When my brother brought his M-37 down
for the Memorial day parade on a flatbed truck, we used an old ramp that
used to be used to drive equipment onto flatcars at the end of an old
railroad siding. Lucky thing it didn't belong to a railroad anymore.
They get nervous when you pull onto their property. I suspect someone
will give you some good pointers on ramps, put the pulse rate doesn't
climb as high as fast for me when I use a loading dock. Good luck, have
fun and be careful.
Bill Fribley
M38A1 #17833
5 years with M37 #80018509, sold