Daily GPW question

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 05:39:21 PDT

I'm Baaack....

I would just like to start out by saying what a great bunch of folks you all
are putting up with my bone questions just about daily about my frigging
jeep. I have gotten just about every answer I've ever asked for and the list
has gotten me through some difficult points in my project. I'm tearing up
here (sniff). Seriously though, everyone has been most kind in offering
thier insight to their experiences and I really, truely, honestly COULD NOT
have done this without you. Thanks.

IT RUNS!!

I haven't DRIVEN it yet, but I'm not TOO worried. Yes, there are a few
little leaks, and the darn thing idles a tad rough, but that stuff is all
fixable. At least it looks really nice.

THE QUESTION OF THE DAY:

I want to be sure 1). my generator works, 2). My voltage regulator works so
that 3)., my battery dioesn't die while I'm out away somewhere. A follow up
question would be... how does one jump a 6V battery in this day and age? I
know you can push start or crank it, but that is not always convenient.
Could some of you experts out there give me a quick primer on charging
systems? I have a volt/dwell/rpm/amps meter from Craftsman, but I have long
since lost the instructions. I need to know where to hook up the leads and
what to look for . It really has been a while since I have done this sort of
thing.

Thanks again everybody,

Bob Kelly
42 GPW