(no subject)

From: CERANTHIA@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 04:02:50 PDT

Hello everyone, I would like to thank all on the list for their moral
support. It is greatly appreciated. We worked our collective asses off,my
wife-sons and I, to get ready for the parade. Less than two weeks before we
had decided to change our deuce from a really bad four color camo paint job
to a desert tan scheme. We lost a lot of time because of constant storms,and
a two day summer noreaster. But we finished just in time. She still has a way
to go,maybe I'm too critical,but I want her to look right. I work on a
military base so I know the trouble everyone has been having trying to get
paint comparable to CARC. You just cant get the stuff,it's banned for use on
the base by the EPA. After a lot of searching,and long discussions with the
guys at vehicle maintenance, we tried Rustoleum # 3771-Dunes tan. It's the
exact same shade that we painted out trucks in Saudi. And it encapsilates
the CARC,which is one less thing I have to worry about when the kids play "GI
Joe" with their supersoakers in the back of the truck. CARC is some very bad
stuff,Idid'nt realize it until I saw the list of ingredients. We used to use
it right out of the can with brushes and rollers!!!
 Are there any owners/collectors in the southeastern
Massachusetts/Plymouth/Cape Cod area that would like to form a unit ? Or
need help on a project, I'm here, I'll help if I can. I'm trying to locate a
very low cost power steering unit and .50 cal ring mount for my duece&1/2.
I'm also looking for an S-280 or similar radar shelter with M-720 mobilizers
to be used as a towed command post,as I want the bed free for my "crew". I'm
not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination,but little by little I'm
building a good all around M-35. My thanks to Mighty Joe Young for selling
me the pick of the litter!!!
 Also I've found a very interesting web site for the M-35A3 rebuild program.
Best wishes to all,keepem rolling!!! God bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <A
HREF="http://members.xoom.com/primemover/prime.htm">Prime Mover Homepage</A>

Mike Colerick
Plymouth,Ma.
1969 Kaiser M-35A2C