Tan/desert paint schemes on HMMWV

From: Brian M. Hodges (bhodges@epilog.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 22:24:15 PDT

Since we seem to be on the subject of paint today, I would like to ask the
list if anybody knows how the military "creates" tan/desert camo HMMWV's. It
seems that just about every part for this vehicle is green from the factory.
Molded plastic mirrors, seat belts, soft tops, canvas seats, doors, ... the
list goes on. Are these parts also available in tan, or is the green vehicle
and all its parts just repainted to the tan scheme when deployment dictates?

Brian Hodges
M1038