The Creature Lives! (was DRMO Hell)

From: Don Stewart (donstewart6500@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 17:54:12 PDT

Evening All

  Thanks to some really good advice and a lot of help from Rick Faunce, my
[new] M185 shop van is now alive and well and resting comfortably here in
Aberdeen, MD.
  Basically all the deuce needed was to have the fuel system bled and the
fuel injection pump un-stuck. Of course Rick and I didn't know that and
spent several hours fumbling, cursing and scratching heads. Once we figured
that the engine shut-off valve was stuck closed inside the pump, the beast
fired up and ran!
  Not long after taking her first breath in years, I called on the deuce to
make the 150+ mile journey back home from Lakehurst, NJ. She ran like a
champ, with the only casualty being the speedo, which gave up the chase
about halfway through the trip.
  I'd like to thank all the people who sent advice (and even offers of
storage) to me, and especially Rick for wasting an afternoon in the hot sun
trying to get some other nitwit's truck running. I couldn't have done it
without ya!
  As to the subject of DRMOs, the folks at Lakehurst, while not bending over
backwards, did push my deuce around the yard in an effort to get it started,
and pushed it out the gate for me so I could work on it/get it towed if need
be. They had no problem with my working on it in the yard, but didn't
approve of my minivan full of tools in the yard.
  Anyway, thanks again. I really didn't expect this much help getting the
beast running. Wish me luck on the next leg of my journey: Aberdeen, MD to
Rock Island, Il!

Don