Re: [MV] M-37....You asked for it....

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 18:26:32 PDT

First, manuals. Either from Portrayal Press, or Military Media on CD rom.
They will give breakdowns, pictures, parts listings, and informtion on
repair.
Second, join MVPA, you will receive the magazines Supply Line and Army
Motors. Supply Line will educate you on where to buy parts.
Third, subscribe to Military Vehicles Magazine. Great source for restoration
information, parts sources, and military vehicles.
Fourth, find a local club and join. M37/M43's are popular, most clubs have
members who have them. They can be a good source for information/parts. The
club activities are fun, and help promote rememberance of US military
history.
Fifth, attend as many military vehicle shows/swap meets as time and money
allows. Again, knowledge and parts.
You have already discovered the Mil Veh mailing list, a great help in
encouragement for your restoration. The internet has a few valuable links to
M37 sites:
http://www.olive-drab.com/
http://www.bigelectric.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html
http://www.off-road.com/dodge/military/
http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/
http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/
http://www.mvpa.org/
http://allpar.com/mopar/flat.html
http://www.trader-johns-outpost.com/index.html Met them at Aberdeen, nice
guys.
http://www.mvpc.com/ For your 24v wiring needs...Jeff Smith is very
knowledgable and helpful
http://www.military-media.com/index.html
....and on and on. This should keep you busy for a while!
Good luck and have fun!
Lisa