Re: [MV] GPW First Run!! (long)

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 04:54:29 PDT

Jess

I am currently tooling up to make Model 18/20 t-case end yokes at NEAPCO and while I was disassembling several cases for dimensions, I came across one that had a # 213 o-ring under the washer. I am not sure if this is the factories intent, but after I put an o-ring in my MB's front yoke, the leak stopped. The design of the front output shaft allows gear oil to travel past the splines and onto your garage floor if you do not attempt to seal the front yoke internally. I currently have my MB down to two small leaks. It used to use more oil than gasoline. Our new yokes will also have this feature. Unfortunately the first yoke is a constant velocity design and will not interchange with a MB/GPW yoke. That one will come next year.

Dave Fillman
45 MB