Re: [MV] M151 Question

From: Brandon (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 21:20:34 PDT

Weren't some of them new (spare) bodies that had never been assigned as an
actual vehicle? I remember seeing a few of those for sale about a year or
two ago still in the packing crate (not to be confused with the replica
bodies being newly manufactured- or heaven forbid, the jeep-in-a-crate
story).

I believe that some have also come from places like the Forest Service that
didn't have the demil requirements in place when the vehicles were
surplused.

A cautionary note might be warranted with the M151, but unless you know the
facts about a certain vehicle I would think it unwise (and not constructive
for the hobby) to make such blanket statements about theft or deceit.
Despite the demil requirements on HMMWVs, there sure seem to be a lot of
those in civilian hands as well.....

BK