Re: [MV] M151 Question

From: Eugene Pantano (snoshu@market1.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 00:00:10 PDT

Now it appears that some of you believe all you hear and read...very bad...
Many - many 151A2 vehicles were very poorly "demilled"....just cutting
suspension and removing engines seemed to do for some DRMO's.
I personally turned in over 40 151A2 vehicles for destruction on a bombing
range. NONE were "destroyed" beyond use. Many went out to a scrapper who
sold quite a bunch as "scrap".. Most of them are now back on the road. The
Division of Wildlife "acquired" a bunch of them. None had any
paperwork.........they were all sold to private citizens who had to come up
with titles. They too are back on the road. I have owned 22 of these
"orphans" myself. None were "swiped"... They all came out honestly because
of laxed and flawed demil requirements...and people who just did not want to
spend a whole lot of time on them. 1SG PANTANO