Re: [MV] Driving the GPW

From: RoughDoc@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 03:19:28 PDT

My best was in the early 80's driving the back roads and interstate highways
of eastern Georgia.

Rapid Deployment Force was a big deal then. We had to do practice
deployments to our various ports.

Driving down I-95 with my tank unit, some fool decides he just can't be
behind us anymore. Course he judges my tank's width by the rear tail lights.
 Next time you look at a tank, look at he tail lights. They are inside of
the tracks. About 2 and 1/2 feet to the inside!

Fool pulled out and accelerated right into my left track!

I wasn't pretty for him. Course sometimes when the fools would tailgate too
close we'd turn on the smoke generators too!

Doc