Military Crane

From: Breeden (freebirds@erols.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 20:06:35 PDT

Hello,

Want to say thanks again to everybody for all of the great info you've given
on the deuce.

Has anybody ever heard of Simple Lift Crane Co. out of Brooklyn, NY? I just
bought one of their 6 ton cranes - now am trying to find an engine for it
seeing that the engine is bad. Not sure, but I think this came from the
Navy. The engine is a Hercules D3000. It's an inline 6 diesel. Don't know
if the govt. used this engine in anything else. Would be interested in a
whole engine or any parts of a D3000 engine that are around. The machine
kind of looks like this: rear steer, motor in back, front is dual wheels,
crane mounts on top of dual wheels, has a telescopic boom and it swings from
left to right 180 degrees. Everything seems to be hydraulic on it -
steering, winch, etc. Haven't been able to find anything out about the
company. Maybe they went out of business, I don't know. Engine in crane is
there, short block is all, no head, rockers, push rods, valve cover, but
engine does turn over. So parts would be a big help if I can't find a whole
engine. Did find a date on the machine - made in 1975. Had thought about
repowering it, maybe putting a multifuel in it, but the multifuel engine is
too long. So really need to keep with original engine.

Would appreciate any insight or advice.

Thanks in advance,

Harold and Helen