RE: [MV] MV Off-Road Use

From: Mike D'Ambrogia (miked@tworock.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 09:41:24 PDT

very well put, if more people were responsible for their off road activities
politicians would have less demand to do something to change the destruction
of public land. I am constantly amazed and saddened by the amounts of
garbage, trail destruction, ad-hoc campsite's, etc that i see when i travel
in the high country. you have to wonder how these people were raised.

I hope that all of you bitching about the proposed closures are doing
something to make a positive impact on both the land by cleaning up for
yourself and others who are not as responsible as the rest of us, and by
teaching your family responsible wilderness use.

given the choice between allowing those who trash the wilderness to have
continuted access, or shutting it down to preserve it i would agree to shut
it down. I won't be happy about not being able to get up into the high
country easily anymore, but i can walk in if i choose to and have a much
better chance of enjoying clean wilderness. once it goes we don't get it
back.

md

<snip...>