Re: [MV] CCKW 270 Upgrade

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 16:21:26 PDT

Mike,

>From my Mil-veh experience with my M51 gas dump (1962), I'd say the only
practical way your CCKW is going to go at 65 mph consistently is on the back of
a flatbed trailer. My newer M51 has a difficult time maintaining 55 mpg and I
have a state of the art 1962 602 cu in gas engine in good shape. These things
just were not made to go fast. It goes great at 48-53 mph but that is about
it. It goes really good at about 2 mph in low first and can pull itself through
all kinds of slime and crud.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I gave up on 65 mph about a month after
I got it.

Good Luck,

Dave