Re: [MV] What is it? (British vehicle)

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 00:10:19 PDT

Sorry, Mark, I meant to get back to you about the name of the program. It
was: In Defense of the Realm. I believe it may be a series on BBC America.
This program was about the Airborne Pathfinders. The Supacat is a very good
looking vehicle, can't help but believe it would be a good replacement for
the mule. I'd love to get my hands on one, even for a short period of time.
In the 60's the Army had plans to use a similar type vehicle. The KID ATV,
it was a 8x8, hydraulic drive, skid steer, amphibious. Don't know why they
never
adopted it. I rode in one once, it would go ANYWHERE. As long as you didn't
high center it, of course.
Keith