Re: [MV] Mike Sommer- what I found out

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 07:09:35 PDT

I spoke with Mike's mother. She told me that he was flying with his
instructor for one more practice before his check ride. There was a power
failure on take off, and the plane crashed. I don't know what type, and I
don't know about the instructor- she didn't say and I didn't ask. Mike left
a 9 year old son.

I will be going to the flying memorial service this afternoon. It is at
1600 hours at the Bealeton Flying Circus. Their website is at
http://www.flyingcircusair.com

I will update the list and take photos of the flying memorial to post on the
site.