Re: [MV] "Tank" - why/

From: Jason E. Rose (m151a1@micron.net)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 08:12:17 PDT

On the History Channel, there was a program about this very thing.
Apparently in WWI, the US shipped "Tanks" to the Front in crates. They
labled them "tanks" in order to confuse spies. The spies thought they were
simply water and fuel tanks. The name stuck.

Someone else I'm sure can add to this......