Re: [MV] Naval museum

From: Eugene Pantano (snoshu@market1.com)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 08:37:19 PDT

In 1956 when I was on USS Kearsarge CVA33 - being overhauled in Bremerton,
Washington....USS Misouri was "mothballed" there. She was like a ghost ship.
I had free run of her...When I was transferred over to USS Midway..I was
assigned to the ship's printshop..We were given permission to go aboard
Missouri and remove her Multilith printing press. The press was installed on
USS Midway by myself and LI1 Chalfont. No one ever knew where the press came
from. Just thought you would all appreciate this bit of trivia..1SG PANTANO