July 4 & the importing Mil-Veh's!

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 11:52:20 PDT

Dare I bring this up again? ....lol

In the MVPA President's Report in Army Motors, Pres. Lee Holland touches on
the subject of mil-veh importation into the U.S. I appreciate him mentioning
this for those of us following this thread with due dilligence.

Pres. Holland notes the talks continue in a "positive and professional
manner." However, he also notes, no significant progress has been made. I
find that rather ironic given that during this same time the U.S. government
has resolved the Balkins conflicts and a half dozen civil wars in Africa, yet
we still can't find a way to import an old half track?

CAll me paranoid, but I think the US government is probably not engaging in a
positive and professional manner at all! I'll even go so far as to say they
are probably just placating us and waiting for us to go away.

In nearly two years time and with all the brilliant and creative minds at
work on this, we still can't find a solution? Afterall, how much can be said
on this topic? It's reasonably simple. And all it takes to get us started
is to resume the issuance of the Form 6 that was halted by a memo. This
whole fiasco is just absolutely mind boggeling and incredibly frustrating!
If it would not hurt the cause, I would gladly tell the BATF and State to
shove that form 6 up their collective bureaucratic arces and move on.

Maybe we ought to just wait till Bush is elected and start over? ; )

Just my two Colonial schillings worth as we approach the 4th!

Jack (still with shackles to ankles) Lee