military deuce fire truck question

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 15:43:26 PDT

I am still unsuccessful in locating TM5-4210-217-12 operators manual for
Class 530C fire truck, so hope someone on the list can help.
My class 530B has fittings bolted into the apparatus bed that the nozzles,
etc., would screw onto while not in use. My 530 was used by the forest
service after being surplussed, so these may not be original, but based on
what I see in the operators manual TM5-4210-203-10 for the class 530 gasoline
powered trucks I believe these fittings to be original.
Now for my question....
My class 530C (1974 model) does not have these fittings for nozzle storage,
and shows NO SIGN of ever having had them. The compartments of the apparatus
bed are smooth slick steel. The truck has about 1000 miles and very low
hours on it. Although it came from a GSA sale there is NO sign of it ever
having been used by anyone other than the military. So where/how are nozzles
stored?? Were these fittings supposed to be troop installed? If so why
doesn't this truck have any sign of them?
SECOND QUESTION
As a list member correctly diagnosed, this truck's electrical problem (short)
is in one of the spotlights on the cab. I have opened the lamp housing and
there is no trouble there. I have disassembled the switch in the handle in
the cab, no trouble there, but the short IS between these 2 points (switch to
lamp housing). Anybody no how to take apart the rest of the spotlight?

Thanks again for any and all help,
David