deuce transmission question

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 15:28:22 PDT

Have a new development with one of my trucks (M35A2). This truck has served
me well for the past 4 years, but now....
You cannot shift into 3rd. Double clutching is no help. Previously it
shifted easily, in fact if you were so inclined you could shift 2-3-4 and
ride the synchronizers (only done RARELY). Now neither man nor beast can
shift 2-3 or 4-3.
BUT....if with the vehicle at stop you move the selector lever to 3rd it
moves in easily, AND from then on it will shift flawlessly 2-3-4-5 or
5-4-3-2....until the truck sets for several hours (overnight), which makes
the problem return.
Any ideas?????
All this came about IMMEDIATELY after changing the transmission gear oil (for
the second time in 4 years). Yes it is the correct grade gear oil and is
filled to the proper level. The truck was bought from DRMO by me.
Looking for ideas,
David Doyle