diesel powered heaters

From: Don Stewart (donstewart6500@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 07:14:06 PDT

  Once upon a time, I was stationed in Germany, where it gets a bit cold in
the winter...
  In the larger tents, we had a 'pot-bellied stove' that burned diesel. Had
a small 'carbueretor' attached to the outside bottom of the stove, and a
hose that carried fuel from the jerry can attached to the other end.
  It broke down for storage, had 4 inch stovepipe exhaust, access hole with
lid in the top, etc.
  Haven't seen one of these since leaving Germany, not in stateside units or
surplus. Sure would like to have one for old time's sake. Anybody know the
NSN, model number, etc.? Know where I might pick one up?

Don