Re: [MV] bypassed fuel density compensator....

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 15:02:47 PDT

>>On many of the trucks being surplused now this has been
>>bypassed making the trucks diesel only. These units have the injection pump
>>tagged and frequently have a notice on how to reconnect the compensator.

>The advantage is more power and better milage. You have to be careful
>though, that you don't decide to burn gasoline with the bypass hooked up.

I'm at a disadvantage, not having any info on the injection system
of the M35s.

How are we increasing the power? Does bypassing the compensator increase
the injector pressure. I can see a higher pressure causing better atomization
of the fuel. Or does the bypassing merely increase the volume flow to each
injector. Given the same amount of air flowing in to the motor, if the pump
was setup properly before the bypassing, wouldn't you just get more smoke
and possibly cooked exhaust valves in the process?

(reading and learning)
Thanks all.
                            Ted hint@northnet.org